Friday, November 19, 2010

Angry Rant #8: Harry Potter and the Mirroring of Reality.

Disclaimer: I have read books 1-4 and about 1/4 of the way through the 5th one ONLY.

I used to be a massive fan of Harry Potter - I'm not going to lie. I read the first four with a level of enjoyment that I hadn't got from any other book. Then I arrived at book 5 - The Order of The Phoenix. I tried to finish it - I struggled to read it. There was something that was present in this book that wasn't in the other ones. The idea didn't hit me until I picked it up today after all the fuss about Deathly Hallows and began the quest to finish it. What I've come to realise is that this may just be the best book of the lot!

The reason it flew over my head when I tried to read it when I was younger was the fact that the book is overladen with political messages and the balance between those that are in control and those who stand up against the establishment.

KaKAAAAAA

Of all the books, so far, this is one that I think closely reflects the society we live in - A society controlled by the rich and powerful - where money and power work their evil ways around the globe. Where the mass media and mass opinion are on sale to the highest bidder and are used to manipulate and distort reality. Read Order of the Phoenix if you haven't yet, it's not as bad as what I remember, and it's better to read with a new mindset. 


Don't believe the Lies and Spin.



3 comments:

  1. Are you sure this is an angry rant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I did realise this. I shall make sure my rants are more angry in the future

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last part was fairly angry don't cha think?

    ReplyDelete