Thursday, November 18, 2010

Angry Rant #7: Storrry? Where are you? Ok I give up. No really, where the hell are you? What? James Cameron and George Lucas locked you in there?

What changed Star Wars....

George Lucas....

and something else....

hmm...

OHH MOOONEY. Gotcha ;)

After many a year studying the hell out of the original prequels I have come to the realisation that they are aren't bad movies - but I must explain - a bad movie needs to have a bad story, bad characters, bad acting, bad everything really. When I watch Episode 1, 2 and 3, I don't see a terrible story, I see no story. I don't see actors, I see robots. I don't see a script, I see random words thrown together in no particular order. I don't see bad acting, I see a dodgy version of Team America. How can it be a bad movie when it technically isn't a movie. Saying that they're bad movies is giving them way too much credit.

Unfortunately, the stupid rabbit lived through this.

What I have come to appreciate is that films nowadays, especially your big-budget "blockbusters" use CGI and other digital technology to manipulate audiences into thinking that the movie is good, when the only thing that they're doing is covering up the the fact that there is no story. *cough cough* Avatar * cough cough*

Whoops, sorry.

Avatar sucked. Visually, it was like having eye-sex, but in terms of story, it will go down in history as one of the worst story lines ever...obviously after Star Wars: Ep 1 & 2 - nothing beats that filth.

Lucas could have avoided the whole list of problems with the prequels if he had just hired a decent screenwriter to make sense of his nonsense. Things like this would have been avoided:

  • Why would Qui-Gon Jinn cheat in a bet to get the parts for the ship in Ep 1? Why not just come back at night and steal it? He can cheat, but stealing is wrong?
  • How does the sheild generator get hit on the Naboo ship if the sheild is up?
  • Why did Qui-Gon Save Jar-Jar Binks from the federation ships on Naboo? (How I wish he died there)
  • Why is Qui-Gon there? Just in general - He doesn't do anything except talk to Anakin about mediclorians and then he dies - An idiotic character like Jar Jar could have done that. 
  • Why did Padme's decoy say that she "failed" Padme at the start of Ep 2. Isn't that what a decoy is supposed to do? Risk their lives for the person they're protecting? - I think she took that explosion pretty well. 
  • Why did they ruin Yoda?
  • Why can't Padme fall in love? How is being a senator an excuse?
  • What the hell is a mediclorian? The force is microscopic germs now?
  • Why didn't Bobba Fett just kill Padme at the start of Ep 2, instead of hiring someone to plant poisonous worms in her room. We already know that Padme isn't immune to explosions, *hint hint.*
  • Why is it...
  • blah.
  • blah.
  • blah.

"Obi-Wan, when I said I didn't like sand I F*&%ing meant it."

I could go on for ages. So I won't.

Don't believe the Lies and Spin.


2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm gonna defend the movies, not because they're that good, but because I have nothing else to do

    1. Using someones greed against them is more jedish then just outright stealing

    2. the sheild is like a layer of clothes, if you have a strong enough laser (knife) u can stab through to the hull (skin)

    3. He had some pot and if he needed to palm the blame off to anyone jar jar fits

    4. Qui-Gon's job is to teach obi and yoda how to be blue ghost things so they can tell him important things like to use the force to blow up the death star but to withold important information like don't make out with your sister, probably for their own dark humour

    5. obviously because she didn't pull of the landing and forgot to put her arms in the air

    6. because Geogre lucas draws his power from children's tears.

    7. If you were stuck with some creepy armed weirdo who kept talking about his hatred for sand wouldn't you make up some story as well?

    8. obviously the name of cells that give you special powers, Geogre had decided to start his own religion akin to scientology but decided that even he didn't love money enough to earn it in that wat

    9. Cause Bobba Fett was like 10 years old, (you mean jango) yere its star wars you weren't expecting some really nerdiness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is from a couple of years ago and never saw it. You just made my day Mr/Mrs/Miss Anonymous! :)

      Delete