Thursday, December 2, 2010

Angry Rant #13: Top Gear or No Gear?

Where has my passion for Top Gear gone? It also must have been sold off for advertising when the show made the move from SBS to Channel 9 (That damn Channel 9 likes to screw things up all the time doesn't it?... but I digress) It seems my beloved show has become nothing more than a visual blender of pointlessness. It has become a show for all three men, who understand their fame, and will do anything to stay on top.

What happened to show that used to be about fast cars and how incredible they where!?!

Jeremy, you're show doesn't blow me away anymore.
What happened to those night's where I'd sit back after a tough day in Yr 12 and watch Mythbusters, then some serious car action!! And by car action I mean super-fast cars, and not racing upside down caravans and an assortment of other idiotic pointless stunts to get media attention.

"Wait...what? So, you want to see if I can drive this underwater, crossing
the English Channel, while racing a sea lion and a flipper-wearing rabbit?"

At what point did the producers of the show think that changing the entire formula was a good idea? When they realised that their wallets would become a lot thicker? I know people directly who hate driving and everything to do with cars, but enjoy this new version of Top Gear. Where does this leave the real car fans? I don't care about them smashing cars up for the sake of smashing them up - I have Mythbusters for that. What we don't need is another variety show for the masses - I enjoyed watching Top Gear on SBS, you know back when it was about the cars - not about the hosts. It seems they have become the victim of their own fame.

I knew something was fishy here...
Even James May admitted that "It's a different programme now. It's turned into something else. It's really a sitcom now, so we are the characters" (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a285471/james-may-top-gear-is-a-sitcom-now.html)

Bring back the old Top Gear - bring it back now

Don't believe the Lies and Spin.





No comments:

Post a Comment